Intro to HP Modeling in Maya
From concept to completed high poly model, this tutorial will show you how to approach the sub-d process in Maya 2011. From custom hotkeys to kitbashing – all the way through completion, this video showcases the techniques and workflow for creating a highly detailed sci-fi console.
FYI - please ignore the fact that the author refers to Chapter 9 as Chapter 8. In order to improve performance, we spliced Chapter 8 into 2 videos. You aren't missing any parts :)
- Sign up for a 3dmotive Subscription to gain access to this video and more!
- Sign Up Now
- Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Chapter 2 - Blocking in the Base Plate
- Chapter 3 - Creating the Stand
- Chapter 4 - Detail Extrusions and Plates
- Chapter 5 - Side Details and Vents
- Chapter 6 - Creating the Console Screen
- Chapter 7 - Building the Console Keyboard
- Chapter 8 - Middle Portion of the Stand
- Chapter 9 - Cables, Small Details, and Wrapup
- This video course is also available for purchase from the 3dmotive digital store!