Intro to Knald
In this series, we're going to delve into Knald, a new map generation program for creating maps for normals, displacement, cavity, ambient occlusion and more. We'll start by examining the interface thoroughly, going through the different panels before jumping into the real magic behind Knald. We'll examine importing several images to use as our base for generating all the different types of maps as well as examining the 'integrator' controls for varying the intensity, scale and more. We'll be able to view and review each of these maps in the 3D Preview panel on our custom models to make sure we have the look we need. We'll then examine the effects the maps on layers in Photoshop to see what effects we can emphasize as needed before applying the final maps in the 3D program of our choice.
- Sign up for a 3dmotive Subscription to gain access to this video and more!
- Sign Up Now
- Chapter 1 - Intro
- Chapter 2 - Understanding the Knald UI
- Chapter 3 - Our First Height Map in Knald
- Chapter 4 - Tree Bark and Castle Walls in Knald
- Chapter 5 - Creating the Maps for the Moon
- Download availability from the 3dm digital store for this course is coming soon!