Physics Pile in 3ds Max
In this course, we're going to jump into using MassFX to create a bone pile in 3ds Max. We'll use MassFX to set up animations simulating gravity on simple objects with general parameters and still end up with a bone pile that looks natural and based on real-world physics. Objects will interact with each other under specific parameters and will then collide with the 'ground' and spread out into a pile that not only looks great but saves the 3D artist from having the tedious task of hand-placing each and every individual object into a pile and still make it look good. We'll examine dynamic versus kinetic versus static bodies and the way gravity affects each and then in our final example.
- Sign up for a 3dmotive Subscription to gain access to this video and more!
- Sign Up Now
- Chapter 1 - Intro
- Chapter 2 - Setting Up Mass FX
- Chapter 3 - Creating Dynamic Body Animation
- Chapter 4 - Using Dynamic Bodies with Kinectic Bodies
- Chapter 5 - Creating the Bone Pile
- Chapter 6 - Setting Parameters for Bone Interactions 01
- Chapter 7 - Setting Parameters for Bone Interactions 02
- This video course is also available for purchase from the 3dmotive digital store!