Texture Creation in Photoshop
Photographic Texture Creation in Photoshop introduces the theory and practice of capturing textures, removing image artefacts, some key image prep processes, as well as a detailed guide to creating diffuse, specular, normal and ambient occlusion maps out of photographed textures. Through this course, you can learn how to properly photograph textures, how to edit unnecessary lighting information out of your photographs, how to get the right colours out of your images, how to tile custom textures, how to extract different types of visual information from your images and how to apply your textures in 3D. This course also briefly touches on physically based rendering in regards to photo real texturing and look development. The contents of the course are comprehensive and, while desirable, in-depth knowledge of Photoshop is not essential to follow along. The pre requisites for this course include some photographed textures, the Photoshop software package, any contemporary look development environment or game engine, and preferably a Wacom tablet.
- Sign up for a 3dmotive Subscription to gain access to this video and more!
- Sign Up Now
- Chapter 1 - Intro
- Chapter 2 - Dos and Donts of Photographing Textures
- Chapter 3 - Prep Processes
- Chapter 4 - Creating the Diffuse Map
- Chapter 5 - Extracting Specular and Normal Maps
- Chapter 6 - Creating Occlusion Maps in Photoshop
- Chapter 7 - PBR Principles and Practice
- This video course is also available for purchase from the 3dmotive digital store!